Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 17, 2013

Moving again

Okay...unstalled, but still not moving super quickly.  April wasn't great for weight loss.  I'm guessing that is mainly due to stress.

I am really really thatclose to 40 lbs lost.  Any day now!

Today I got my new Fitbit Flex in the mail, at last.  I preordered it, so I guess I'm one of the first to get it.  It's pretty cool, but it doesn't track stairs climbed like the One does.  I guess that's fine...it's just another thing to compete with myself over...but it was motivating.  It looks very sleek, and I don't have to take it off my wrist to wash dishes or take a shower, which is nice.  The silicone wrist band becomes body temp pretty quickly so I don't really notice it is there.  I did like having the info right there on my tracker with the One.  But I kept it clipped in my bra (easiest place not to lose it) and reaching in to look at it...is awkward.  So, instead, I can look on my iPhone app at current info, which is something I'll get used to.  It seems like there should be a watch feature or something...tell the time, maybe a HR monitor.  But I think the point was just to have a very unobtrusive device that didn't have a lot of stuff displayed, esp since most of us carry a phone with us all the time that can give us that info.  So far, I like it, but I am surprised that it does lose some of the functionality that the One has.

I am definitely fitting into smaller clothes and looking like I have lost weight.  I have a long way to go, but most often if I get 10K steps a day and eat about 1000 kcal, I lose weight.  So that's what I focus on.

I'm finding at this point that I don't have to run to stay active, which is good because finding kid-free, job-free time to run is quite difficult.  Walking has been sufficient so far.  We live in an area with a "high walk score", so we usually go for a walk in the evening somewhere in our neighborhood and that takes care of my exercise needs, plus keeps my mood tuned up.

Time for bed!

No comments: