Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Endless Summer

The summer heat has me eating a lot less and drinking more. Both are good things for me. I love summertime--love the heat, playing outside, wearing summer clothes. Even when I was obese, I loved it, though not as much since I felt less comfortable in shorts and totally uncomfortable in swim suits. But summertime just feels like freedom to me. One think I like about where I live now is that summer is hot, punctuated every couple weeks by a storm, and then is immediately hot again. There isn't a lot of humidity here. When I lived in Portland and Seattle, there was always the sense that you had to hurry up and go do something fun when it was nice out, because the rain would be back any moment. (Of course, that was tempered by the fact that on a beautiful summer day, there is no place more lovely to be than Portland or Seattle.)

Last summer, most of my free time was spent in Portland. I didn't really explore Spokane very much as a result. This year I am trying to get out more in this area and check out what there is to do here. I've spent a lot of time at the Spokane River this week, which has been lovely. I drove out to Lake Coeur D'Alene as well, but didn't find the park I was looking for.

One of my favorite things about summer is fruit...I love it when all the berries are in season, and fresh watermelon, and cherries. I eat my fill of them with zero guilt.

Hopefully the scale will reflect my reduced summertime eating, although it hasn't very much yet. Everybody get outside and enjoy summer while it's here!

No comments: