Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Strange week

So, I intended to mail the Click packages last week. We even went to the post office on Saturday. Only, the post office we went to actually doesn't mail packages. You can only pick them up there. Who knew? The post office by my house closed last month, so now I don't know where to mail packages. I will send them out as soon as possible, I promise.

I was hoping to find another place to do it this week, but it's been a weird week. As long-time readers of this blog know, I am in graduate school for nurse anesthesia, and it is a small program, only 8 students admitted each year. One student in the class behind me (class of 2011) has several younger siblings, and her high school-age brother suffered a devastating head injury last weekend. He was a patient in our hospital until he was declared brain dead earlier this week, and became an organ donor. Such a small program is pretty close; we become a sort of school family to each other, and get to know each other's spouses, kids, etc. I don't know her family, and I didn't know her brother, but I know her, and it has been a sad and emotional week for everyone. It's hard to know what to do or say when something so devastating happens.

It's been tough to get back in the swing of the school year. I think my classmates are all feeling that the end is near for us. We graduate in 7 months. We have just 2 semesters left, including this one. It's tough to get up the enthusiasm and energy for one more big push towards the final goal. I come home from clinicals most days just totally exhausted. Eating has been a challenge; I do fine all day but in the evening all hell breaks loose. I have to force myself to exercise. Everything is just an effort. It has been a long haul, both school and weight loss, and it's harder to be enthusiastic at this point.

One bit of good news is that the fill is good. I definitely notice a difference in my satiety. Hopefully it will start to pay off soon at the scale.

Off to find a post office, perhaps things will get mailed tomorrow? Sparkly Jules, expect an email from me soon.

No comments: