Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Assessment

I've had my first fill in for a few days and do notice a very subtle difference in how much I am comfortable eating. I don't know if it is real or my imagination. But, I've lost a couple of pounds. That's not bad.

In the past 5 1/2 weeks I have strived to follow all the rules I have been given at various stages of this process. Here is how I think I am doing at this point:

Good
  1. eating enough protein
  2. eating small portions
  3. making quality food choices
  4. taking my vitamins
  5. exercising
  6. chewing thoroughly

Needs Improvement

  1. drinking enough water
  2. eating 3 meals and a snack
  3. paying attention to eating only
  4. not eating in front of the computer
  5. eating very slowly

It could be worse, definitely. But the issue with sitting at the table to eat meals is going to be a struggle. I usually eat alone, and I just get so bored eating a meal by myself. I can't stand it. I can't be content to "chew" and "enjoy" my food and pay attention to the eating and getting full. That will be a problem when I have real restriction and I need to be careful with small, well chewed bites eaten slowly to prevent getting stuck or barfing. I need to read or something. Lately I've been trying to compromise by reading and paying attention simultanously to what I am eating and how I'm feeling. That seems to be fine, but I don't know if it is good enough and if I will lapse into distracted eating again over time.

All of this will be put to the test with my next fill, I'm sure.

No comments: