Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, December 31, 2012

Post op Day 2

I got home yesterday evening.  So far I am feeling bloated and sore, and hungry.  Otherwise, not too bad.  I slept from about 8pm to 6 this morning, got up a couple times to the bathroom which is very unlike me.  I guess I got a lot of IV fluids during surgery, because what I got post op doesn't account for all this urine output.

Definitely hungry, but I am reading that initially stomach acid doesn't catch up with the small new stomach, so an antacid might help.  I will try that today and see if it makes a difference.  I am on "stage 2", full liquids diet. I can have blended soup, pudding, Carnation Instant Breakfast, that sort of thing...and as much water as possible.

The scale was down 10 lbs from Saturday...I don't see how that is possible, even with all the fluid I'm losing.  I don't feel 10 lbs lighter.

My daughter and husband are still asleep, so I have this quiet morning to myself--fireplace going, a little bit of coffee to take my caffeine withdrawal headache away.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Take it easy and be good to yourself