Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

-16

I just reviewed my posts from my first week post-lap band surgery.  I've lost about twice as much weight as I had by post op day 4 then, despite starting out slightly heavier then.  I don't know what that means, but it makes me happy.  I am down 16 lbs today.

I've been resting a lot, going for a long walk once a day, otherwise not doing all that much.  My belly is a lot less sore than a few days ago.  I haven't taken anything for pain since leaving the hospital (unless you count the 1/4 cup of coffee to treat the caffeine headache).  The hardest thing is not being able to pick my daughter up, which really upsets her.  My husband is around to do the things that require picking her up.

I'm glad I have been through this once before with the band.  This part of the post-op process is easier than it was when I was banded.  I'm still hungry intermittently, but not as much as with the band.  It's easier for me to stick with the prescribed diet as a result.

I'm having just as much trouble with getting fluids down as I did back then, though.  I am just not one to drink so much water.  But I'm going to drink more tea and see if I can get more that way.  I ordered some new teas from Tea Forte--they are a little pricey, but I love their tea so much.


No comments: