Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A few more pounds

Down a couple today, finally...let's hope I don't see them again tomorrow!  I did some measurements, though, compared them to January, and I've lost inches everywhere, so there are definitely changes happening even if they don't show on the scale.  And I'm solidly down one size.

I do still browse the forums fairly often, but now I am trying to watch the "veterans" or those in maintenance more than those at my point post op.  When I read posts from people at my point, I mostly see people who are losing weight better than I am.  Of course, more people post who are losing like crazy than those who are slower like me.  And those who are losing less dramatically do post that they must be doing something wrong.  On the other hand, those who have been doing this a year or more and are successful mostly seem to recall long stalls or at least times when they doubted whether things were going the way they were supposed to go, and yet when they look back it is easy for them, and anyone else, to see that they lost plenty of weight over the expected time period.  So, in other words, I take that to mean that it is very easy to lose sight of the big picture when you are in the trenches of early post-op days.  It might seem like not much is happening but I'm sure that a year from now I will be where I want to be.

No one who doesn't know I had surgery has yet commented that I have lost weight.  But that's not too surprising.  I've only lost about 25% of my excess weight.  And I think people who know me know that I am a fairly private person, so they might not comment to me for that reason.  To be honest, with most people I prefer not to talk about it anyway.

I ran a bit yesterday and felt pretty good.  Not a lot of running, but I'm trying to listen to my body and not push it too much.  I did injure my left Achilles tendon last November, so I want to be careful not to overdo it.  I try to walk as much as I can, and gradually work my activity up to a higher level.

I still work on eating slowly and stopping soon enough.  I didn't do great this morning at brunch, ate a couple bites too many.  But I am slowly learning.  I'm not concerned about what I eat (my diet is pretty good) or how many calories I am eating.  I think I am on track as far as what I eat, but at any given meal I just need to learn when to stop a tad earlier.


No comments: