Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Still waiting by the phone

It has been about 10 days since my surgeon's dictation and request for insurance coverage has gone out. I am patiently (!!) waiting to hear that my coverage has been approved so I can schedule a surgery date and move on with life. I have that same feeling that I have always gotten when I am ready to do the work to lose weight: I live with a certain amount of underlying tension and impatience to stop doing what I am doing at that moment, eating unhealthy foods and being sedentary, until that tension boils over and I commit to my chosen plan of weight loss. I'm saying goodbye to old foods and old ways. I've found that as I seek various foods that I haven't had in a long time and may never have again (I probably will, but hopefully infrequently and in moderation) that certain foods are losing their charm for me. This is good. I think as soon as I have a date, I will end the "eat anything" phase and enter the changing-my-ways phase. Somehow, this is how I have to do it.

Meanwhile, I DID finally hear from the sleep lab, with their orders from Dr Poh Leng (I love that name) to fit me with (drop dead sexy) CPAP. I can't wait. I'm thinking about blinging it up with some of those stick-on rhinestones for cell phones, in a perfectly ironic way of course.

Today is a free day...I requested comp today and actually got it (comp on call, that is, but as of RIGHT NOW I am no longer on call and get to spend the rest of the day in bonus time bliss). I'm going to get dressed, spend some time at my torch, and then perhaps go to the gym.

I leave you with this, today's WLS blog du jour: Kate Ford's blog.

No comments: