Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 3, 2008

A new year, another fill

Last month was very frustrating. I went up and down by as much as 3 pounds over the last month, and ended up down 1 lb for the month...and 4 lbs the previous month. It's not an official plateau, but I'm not crazy about it, anyway.

So today I met the famous Dr Emma Patterson, the main partner at Oregon Weight Loss Surgery and the only person there I hadn't met yet. She's very sweet and friendly, younger than I thought, and seems very genuine. I can see why her patients like her so much. Anyway, she gave me a 0.2 cc fill, which allegedly brings me to 3.4cc in my band, although I'm not certain that is the case. At any rate, I am on liquids today, and soft food tomorrow. Let's hope this helps my weight loss situation.

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions, and I'm still not. Last year I really wanted to have surgery and get closer to my goal, and I have done that. I have about 30 lbs still to lose, at least. I work out 5-6 days a week, and recognize that this will be necessary for the rest of my life (and I don't see that as a bad thing). I guess my only resolution is to get through this year with my sanity intact. Any other ideas?

No comments: