Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sorry...

Sorry and a shout out to Diz, to start. I meant to "publish" your comment on the last post but accidentally hit "reject" and it was lost to the abyss. I don't know if Blogger notifies people when their comments are deleted or not. But if you are wondering what was so offensive about your comment that I didn't publish, the answer is, Nothing. I just fat-fingered it.

It's Hump Day, and we had our first pharmacology exam of the semester today, which I think went well. I won't find out for at least another week, though. Tomorrow I have clinicals, and I am doing a big vascular day--a couple of carotid endarterectomies (cutting out plaque from the carotid artery) and an aortic stent. These are big, involved cases that can lose a bit of blood and, more often, can be very difficult to manage blood pressure, as they are done on people with a lot of vascular disease. Should be busy.

I made an appointment for next week to see Dr. Pennings, the band doc. I will try to persuade him to schedule a fluoro to make sure my band looks good before we do any more fills. He doesn't like to do them if one is asymptomatic. But band slips can happen without symptoms, as can esophageal dilation, and I want to be sure. So I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm still gaining and losing the same 4 lbs, which is frustrating. It's okay if I don't lose ground, but I want to make at least a little more progress before the end of the year.

The good thing is that the running is going fine, although with the evenings getting dark so early now I'm going to have to figure out something other than running after school or clinical pretty soon. I'm doing about 13 miles per week, which is only a bit more than I've done most of the summer, but it's about all I have time for now. Perhaps I'll get in an extra mini-run this week to bump it up a bit. It's getting cold too--I've heard rumors of snow this weekend. I'm putting off turning on the heat as long as possible--this old house has no insulation, so getting enough heat to make a dent in the temp inside means pouring money out the walls. I'm using the space heater when I have to, but I'm resisting the baseboards as long as possible.

Blah blah blah, that's enough. Have a good week all!

1 comment:

Diz said...

Girl, there are NO hard feelings. The comments are meant for you anyway. Besides, I feel like we're all close enough, that if you had a problem with something I said, you'd come over to my blog and verbally give me an ass-kicking, which I'd be ok with.

Good luck with that heat issue. Nothing's worse than watching the money fly out to be warm. Thank God for our woodstove. I love that thing!