Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining...

Turns out, that's not true. I went out to run this evening, just before 8pm, because the big thunderstorm was coming and I didn't want to get stuck before dark. It had just gotten down to about 85 so it was more tolerable to run in, and it was fairly windy which helped a lot, especially since it's been so humid the last few days. I briefly considered my chances of being hit by lightning. Even being on the road up on a cliff, I figured my chances were still pretty slim--there are trees there, taller than me right? So I headed out.

The storm was pretty cool. Lots of lightning, lots of thunder--NO rain. I could have used a little rain, actually. I felt pretty sluggish with the heat and humidity, but got in 4.5 miles. I stashed a bottle of water about 1 mile into the run, so I had some on the way home.

(Image shamelessly stolen off the Interwebz. Cool, huh? It is from 4th of July, Spokane's Riverfront Park...seemed appropriate, being so close to the 4th. Might happen again this year...)


No comments: