Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 30, 2008

Talkin' Bout a Heat Wave!

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post. :) You are so sweet!

This weekend was a scorcher...98 degrees and humid, ugh. Saturday was supposed to be a run day but it just was not going to happen. However, it was HoopFest, and we did walk downtown, and then back uptown, and all over...all told we walked 7 miles in 98+ degrees. So I didn't feel too bad about putting off my run until the following evening, when it had cooled down to a balmy 90 degrees. It was an evening in which I was glad that most of Spokane has not discovered buried irrigation for their lawns...I could run from one side of the road to the other, passing through the neighbors' sprinklers, to cool off.

It's still plenty hot, and humid. We had pharmacology class at our instructor's house today. It consisted of an hour or so of review for our exam, which is in 2 weeks, then pizza and beer. I did reasonably well, ate too many crackers, but just a small piece of pizza, and didn't even have an ice cream bar before leaving. Hot days just don't leave you hungry.

I have lots of studying to do this week. We are wrapping up our clinical orientation this week, then we are off for the weekend after class on Weds. Upon our return on the following Monday, we start clinicals. Scary! But before then, I'll spend about 5 days in Portland, which will be nice. I have some get-togethers planned with friends I haven't seen in a long, long time.

This afternoon one of my classmates asked if I'd lost weight since we started school. It's kind of funny, because my class knows I have had lap band surgery, but the idea of actually losing weight during anethesia school is really bizarre, I guess. I've lost 20 lbs since starting school, whereas everyone else has put on at least 5. I think I might have lost more if I hadn't been in school. It doesn't matter anyway, but it was nice that she noticed just the same.

This week I've been having the feeling that I'm forgetting or neglecting something. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Do you ever have that feeling? Perhaps I just have a lot of things coming up and I'm trying not to forget any of them. I'm not sure. But it's unsettling. The hot weather tends to slow down time, and the afternoon slips away before I realize it. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it seems right.

No comments: