Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 23, 2009

Meme: 25 things

This took a long time to come up with, so I'm posting it here as well as where it was originally tagged.

25 Things

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose up to 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you

1. I was one of only 3 or 4 kids in my class who started kindergarten together, went to elementary school, jr high and HS and graduated together.
2. I used to wish I was Korean when I was little. I loved my friends' thick black hair so. much.
3. I planned on majoring in violin performance until about age 16, when I realized that I couldn't stand too many of my fellow musicians.
4. When I was in HS I could name, in order, every I-5 exit between Olympia and Lynnwood.
5. I have never seen The Godfather Part III, strictly out of principle.
6. My first TV crush was David Hasselhoff in Knight Rider.
7. I have worn earplugs when sleeping every night since fall 1992, when I lived in a dorm for 1 quarter at UW.
8. My earliest childhood memories are from about age 2. No kidding.
9. I'm still mad Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN. Baseball Tonight will never be the same.
10. My secret superpower is remembering numbers in sequence.
11. My first car was a 1976 Datsun 210, royal blue with powder blue pinstripes a la Starsky and Hutch. Smelling a Little Tree "Bouquet" air freshener transports me right back to that glorious first car. It was $500 and did not require a key to unlock it or start it, or get into the trunk.
12. 3 of my 4 grandparents lived into their 90s, and my other grandma died at 89.
13. I can still remember Amazon.com's first hokey little website, and had books shipped to me from them even though their warehouse was only 1/2 a mile from my house in South Seattle.
14. I'm still bitter that the Don James era at UW ended so soon after I started school there.
15. I've had a paying job every year since I was 13, until last year when I became a full-time grad student.
16. My Christmas tree is still up. I'm not proud.
17. I've been an insomniac my entire life. (That's part of why I have such early childhood memories.)
18. I have long finger-toes.
19. I bought my wedding dress on ebay.
20. I like to organize and put away clutter, but hate to vacuum.
21. I think the closest I come to meditating is when I run.
22. I hate being cold more than anything. I'll take 100 degrees and 100% humidity over anything below freezing anytime.
23. In that respect Spokane is not working so well for me.
24. I hate overused phrases, like "the perfect storm". I also go crazy when I see the improper use of "it's" and "its", and "there" , "their" and "they're".
25. I learned most of what I know about grammar from Schoolhouse Rock.

2 comments:

She Smiles said...

Don't worry my Xmas tree is still up too. Husband says we have to leave it up until after chinese new year....!

Diz said...

So is mine! I loved school house rock. I was the only one in my 7th grade class that could recite the Preamble to the US Constitution on the first day it was assigned. Good Ole School House Rock.