Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 21, 2009

Click: Love it!

So far I have lost 6 pounds this week, as of this morning. After my fill yesterday, the PA didn't say anything about how I should eat the rest of the day--and I forgot to ask. So I went with what I was always told by my original band surgeon--liquids for the rest of the day, then start up slowly the next day. I think this might be a little bit outdated, I'm not sure, but it's definitely safe. I didn't get that hungry at all yesterday, so that's good.

After the fill I stopped at Super Supplements to pick up some protein for the rest of the day. I don't keep much on hand, because I've never been a big believer in protein shakes as a daily part of band life (I know many people are). But I thought I should try some new ones, so I had some recommendations from Melting Mama's blog, and went to see if I could find some of the stuff there.

I found Click--the espresso protein shake that MM raves about. I like her product reviews because she is super picky--so if she likes it, I'm pretty sure I will like it, I'm way less picky than her. Anyway, WOW. It is great. It mixes easily in a shaker, no icky protein-y taste or texture. Tastes really good. And 2 scoops in 12 oz. has a double shot of espresso, and 15 g protein, for just 120 calories. It tastes great mixed in just water--I added a tiny bit of half and half afterward, but it probably didn't need it. I've had it over ice this morning and yesterday; it's supposed to be very good heated, but they recommend heating it after you mix it (I think MM actually adds hot water to the powder though). This stuff could definitely replace my morning coffee and give me some extra protein for the day. And I feel a bit better about replacing my morning coffee with something better for me rather than replacing a solid meal with a protein shake--since solid meals are how the band actually works, I don't like the idea of drinking liquid calories. Maybe that doesn't make much sense, but anyway, love Click. Highly recommended.

More later on restriction, is it here or not?

1 comment:

Diz said...

This looks yummy! I'll have to try it. I know what you mean about the protein shakes. I keep them around if I need them, but the point is to intake your calories by eating and choices, not by drinking them. I couldn't agree with you more.