Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, March 7, 2008

Damn Notes

My hands hurt from writing notes from my Physiology text. Why am I doing this? Because I learn so much better than when I just read and underline the text. About two dozen times I looked up from that book and cursed its author (who happens to be our instructor) for including so freaking many details that we will DEFINITELY be tested on. Argh. But I know a couple more things about the immune system and in particular autoimmune disorders and hypersensitivity reactions than I did yesterday. Aren't you glad? It doesn't have a whole lot to do with putting you to sleep so someone else can cut you open, but hey. It doesn't help to think that way NOW.

Found a new blog (during a study break...I'm allowed, ok?) called Half of Me. Link is in the sidebar (under Other WLS). It's not really new, she's already lost 200 lbs so the ship has sailed, really. But it's interesting, she's a good writer, and she likes to run, so I find that relevent. Here's a comic stolen from her blog, which she borrowed from xkcd.com. (Here's the really neato Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license that makes it all okay.)

Tasty vs. Easy, an illustrated fruit graph:


No comments: