Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Day of Rest

This morning I did my IVs for an hour, and a few hours later had my physiology exam. I think I did well on it. It didn't seem very difficult, which I hope means I was well prepared for it. I'll find out at the end of this week how I did, and what my final grade is.

We planned a class celebration after the exam, because the end of this class is a big milestone in our first year. When I got done with the test, though, I was so tired, I just went home and took a nice long nap. I spent the rest of the day reading a book (not a text book!) and then went for a nice long walk in Riverside Park. I took a lot of photos. I'll post some when I sort through them. It was a perfect day--maybe close to 90 degrees today at the hottest, but it was 83 at 6pm when I went to the park. I walked for about 90 minutes, then did some more reading, got some groceries and came home. I probably should have gotten back here sooner--I should really be asleep by now, as we start clinical orientation in the morning. But I definitely needed the day to recharge, after studying like a madwoman for the last 2 weeks.

Today I hardly felt hungry at all, and ate very conservatively. I'm at a good restriction point right now--hunger perfectly maintained for 3-4 hours after a small meal of about 1 cup of food. I've been making beans in the slow cooker lately and that has been working out great--lots of protein and fiber, and delicious and easy to reheat and have a quick little meal. This time it was Vegetarian Boston Baked Beans. Yum!

No comments: