Weight Loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 19, 2008

TGI(almost)F

One week of clinical orientation is almost done. I've always hated hospital orientations--I always feel like everyone is wasting their time, me and the people orienting me. This is no different. There is a lot of wasted time in this process. But this is our only opportunity to find our way around the various clinical areas that we will be dealing with on a daily basis, including the main OR, outpatient OR, pre-op areas, recovery room, "out of area" locations (MRI, CT, endoscopy, anywhere that we might set up to provide an anesthetic for a procedure), and so on. We have two days with the anesthesia techs, which is excessive, although they are great people who I can see will save our bacon on many occasions to come. We still have 2 more weeks of orientation, though, and I'm not looking forward to it. Then comes clinicals--after our July 4th hiatus. It's the real "meat" that we've been waiting for, yet I have a great deal of trepidation, even dread. It's where the rubber meets the road, so to speak, and we have to show everything that we have learned so far and put it all together.

I'm hanging on at this weight--I gained about 1/2 lb, but have held steady for 4 days since then. I'm cool with that. I'm at almost 13 miles run for the week and I still plan to run on Saturday--my mileage goal for the week is around 14 miles but I doubt I'll stick to a 2 miler on Saturday. I never do. I went to the gym yesterday and did just upper body weights and core. I've decided not to lift with my legs anymore and see if it improves my running. From what I read it's not necessary for running itself, and I don't know that it benefits me otherwise. It certainly makes my legs more tired if I lift on my non-run days, and I never have time or energy to do it on my run days. So that's the plan for now, and we'll see how it goes. I'm still doing upper body and core and swimming at least one of my off days. The exercise plan is always a work in progress.

The eating is pretty good though. I feel that my fill level is appropriate even though I think I have a lot of room to go if I wanted more restriction. At this level, I'm getting hungry at an appropriate time, and I can be satisfied on 1 cup of food. I can definitely eat more if I don't pay attention. But I don't want to be in a position where the band FORCES me to stop eating, so at this point I don't see how more fill would benefit me.

I have one more post I want to make separately, then off to bed. Early rise in the morning--5:45. It's Friday!

No comments: